Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lots to Think About

I was sitting here wondering at what age a beverage becomes an adult beverage when the local news weather person (who is not a babe) said that not only is the weekend right around the corner, but so is the word rain.

Shit, the word rain is right around the corner. What corner? The one by the hallway leading from the great room to the visitors center? The corner outside? Is it a one dimensional word like I see when I read the word rain? Or is it a full blown three-dimensional word? Either way my recovering from cancer dog will not be pleased. Enid will not be pleased, not even one iota.

Enid doesn't even know what an iota is. Come to think of it, I don't either. I don't even know if iota is spelled correctly. Where do you go to look crap like that up. It might surprise you to know that I don't know this stuff even though I once spent sixteen glorious months living in Iowa.

Rain was not just right around the corner when I was in Iowa, it was backing up from the sewer system into my hallway. Shit. And potato peels from the guy upstairs making potato soup. Throw them away dude, don't run them down the disposal. Don't you know it is flooding? God must have been angry with Des Moines. Fortunately he was less angry with West Des Moines because our water plant didn't flood.

West Des Moines isn't very chocolate.

They say once a city goes chocolate it never goes back.

It is just too much to think about.