Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy New Year from the desk of Enid

Yeah....., happy new year capitalist running humans. I normally have better things to do than write for a blog site, blogger no less, but this is a/an (whatever) historic occasion.

First, it is my birthday. Thank you, thank you. Please do not send any gifts, anything you beta humans might send, if I want it, I already have it. Second, it is the Lunar New Year and the start of the year of the dog. That is the year of the gou for those of you not hip to Mandarin.

Anyways, I expect this intersection of important dates to prove ultimately quite important in a far reaching important sense. We'll see shan't we?

I full on expect this to be a year full of: ample hair to be shed, fancy new neckerchiefs, long naps followed by short naps, scratching yourself, manipulating others to scratch the places you can't get to, then licking yourself in places your scratcher can't get to, and of course simulated bacon products as a night night snack. Should be quite the year, putting the year of the rooster to shame.

I know some of you have been wondering, how the big E is getting on, what with having cancer and all. I know this because of the countless cards, letters, emails and blog comments. I didn't have cancer, my leg did. And I had it removed (the cancer not my leg eejits), for all practical purposes, I am right as the mail. And it don't get no righter than that. But I do preshyate cha.






Couldn't you just eat right out of her hands?





Regards,

E.