Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Beer Report








As some of you may know, I like beer. Beer has been very, very good to me. And I have been very, very good to brewers. So this being Friday, I thought that I might share a wee bit of promise that appeared in today's New York Times. Good beer - good regional beer - may yet win.


Industrial beer is still the vast majority of the American market, and it’s not going away tomorrow, but there is no future in it. While industrial beers suffer flat or declining sales, craft brewers are experiencing double-digit growth. The big brewers now try to copy craft beers. European brewers, who once laughed at watery American beer, now look to the United States for inspiration.



It's a good time to be alive.
It's a good time to have a beer.






Cheers.


UPDATE: What was the first beer you ever had?