Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Lectures We Wouldn't Pay To See

Listening to the radio on my way back from the beach, I concluded that there is an awful lot of BS in this world. And if you turn on your cable TV on Saturday morning, you'll see there must be a thousand ways to make money off some gullible fool.

Here at the Institute we worry about your welfare. So as soon as I got back, the staff got right to work compiling this list of lectures we don't recommend you pay good money to see:


1. Overcoming Anger Management Issues – by Al Franken

2. The Day I Became A Conservative – by Senator John McCain

3. My Secret Diet Tips: Nibble Your Way To A Size Ten- by Mike Tyson

4. Accepting Blame (Being A Man When Things Go Wrong) – Senator John Forbes Kerry and his Secret Service Agent

5. Impartiality In The Newsroom Reporting – Dan Rather

6. Sexual Harassment: My Hidden Shame – Helen Thomas

7. 10 Rainy Day Games to Play with the Kiddies – by Michael Jackson

8. My Secrets to Successful Economic Forecasting by Paul Krugman

9. The Faith Of My Forefathers – by Madeleine Murray O’Hare

10. “No Means No”: Is It Time for Zero Tolerance Policies? Bill Clinton

11. “Diplomacy on Capitol Hill (You Catch More Flies With Honey Than With Vinegar)” – Howard Dean

12. Healing Racial Divisions - The Reverend Al Sharpton

13. Now More Than Ever: Religious Tolerance In A Post-9/11 World - Michael Graham

14. Interracial Relationships Can Work: My Story - by OJ Simpson

15. Supporting the Troops: Every American’s Patriotic Duty – by Dick Durbin

Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments section. If we see a good one, we may award a valuable prize. Maybe even cash money.