Tuesday, December 21, 2004

A First Family First

From Brit Humes Grapevine......

President Bush has become the first President in U.S. history to send out a Christmas card with a Bible verse. About 2 million friends and supporters received a card that featured a painting of the White House's Red Room and this line from the book of Psalms, "Let us come before him with Thanksgiving and extol him with music and song."

I have to wonder if the ACLU will file a suit.

I have been dreading going to the mall to do some last minute shopping, but I finally got it over with and bought the much deserving lovely bride some beads and trinkets. As I make it a rule to avoid the mall whenever possible I was surprised to observe a few things.

First, the mall walkers that go to the great indoors (on a nice day in Houston for a walk outside) for exercise, now carry little dumbbells. And it looks like it is getting competitive.

Then I saw one woman's clothes store that carries nothing but black & white clothes. Fine, I see women dressed like that all the time. But then I saw a store that had nothing but black & pink clothes. That would seem to be taking niche marketing a little too far, but then they didn't ask me to invest in it.

If you still have to make a trip to the mall, I have a great idea for you to make the best of your trip. Go into a department store like Neiman Markups or Saks and find the woman who looks like she has the cob inserted the deepest. Approach her like she is a store employee and ask her in an impatient tone, "can I please get some help in the intimates section"? If she doesn't help, threaten to report her to her manager.

Then report back how it goes.

Merry Christmas from the Institute