Monday, December 13, 2004

Frisky Fodder

I find this shocking. SHOCKING!! Mobsters are picking on poor little Al-Quaiaeiuaida suspects in Italian prisons.

You guys set off bombs and do massacres. If you don't change prisons, you're dead," the criminals were reported to have told Saadi Nassim, in comments confirmed by his lawyer.

What mean poopy heads.

I heard this story on CBS radio during my appointed rounds today. It appears rising gas prices have diminished demand for large SUV's and Ford is going to discontinue the Excursion. At the end of the story the reporter said...

"The Sierra Club, which dubbed the Excursion the "Ford Valdez" after the infamous Alaskan oil spill, called it an environmental disaster because of its poor fuel economy rating. "

I thought that was an odd thing to put in the story when I heard it so I searched for the story online. The only story was from Reuters, and damned if it didn't contain the same line. CBS News ripping and reading from Reuters, what a great combination.

For those of you still struggling with what to get me for Christmas, let me help you out.

The British aristocracy has long been an exclusive club but now anyone can become a Lord or Lady -- for as little as 30 pounds ($58).
A raft of British Web sites are offering one square foot of the Glencairn Estate in northeast Scotland and, with it, access to the prestigious-sounding title of Lord/Laird and Lady of Glencairn.

Lord Pile On has a nice ring to it, don't you think?