Monday, February 07, 2005

After A Weekend Of Gluttony--A Chance To Give Back

I hope that you enjoyed your superbowl weekend. But if you are like most people, after a weekend of gluttonous self-indulgence in things like ranch style dip and wings from Buffalo, not to mention a few too many domestic light lagers you are probably experiencing some regret. It has all been about me you are thinking. What about Pile, he gives so much and ask for....well......asks for nothing in return.

Let me just say it has not gone unnoticed that we haven't been getting very many visitors these past four weekends when I was painting a sea sponged faux finish in the Institute's great room. Don't worry about it, I understand, besides the Institute was founded for completely altruistic humanitarian purposes. We have never tried to profit from our growing popularity and never will unless there is a darn good reason.

So I have never installed a pay pal link where you can support the Institute. I don't want there to be any question about our objectivity even though this sometimes puts a heavy strain on the budget. Now is one such time.

As you know we lost our main computer last week. Had to take her out back and put her down. We are also in negotiations to hire a new employee at the Institute and as many of you know help like this doesn't come cheap.


We are hopeful that we can come to terms with our leading prospect for this position and make an official announcement sometime in the next few weeks. We have already purchased new equipment in preparation for this hire, as this new employee will be responsible for making documentaries.


We have plans to produce two riveting documentaries entitled, "Breastfeeding and Economic Growth--A Causality Study" and "Potty Training--The Opportunity for Real Reform".

Now you are thinking, Pile, damn it, get to the point would ya. Okay, here it is. This new digital film making will put an even greater strain on the Institutes Computer. The work load here already caused one computer to take a dirt nap. The back up computer would have to be upgraded with new memory cards to have a chance of survival. Since it is already 5 years old, this might be good money after bad, not to mention the fact that it makes a high pitched shriek similar to pre-teen females at a boy band concert making me want to cut my ears off.

So I am asking for your help. Do you know where I can get a deal? Do you have a neighbors cousins brother in law that gets an employee discount at Dell?

I need advice too, this time I would like to base my purchase on something other than the computer comes in a pretty box, and not liking the dude you are getting a Dell ad campaign.

Should I go for an 80GB hard drive or will I regret it if I don't go for the 400GB drive. And what the hell is DataBurst Cache?

What is the difference between an Intel Pentium 4 processor and an Intel Pentium 4 processor 540 with HT technology? Is it worth the extra jack?

You know I am not a computer geek, but in the interest of self-improvement I could learn more. Perhaps I should just go down to Fry's Electronics and buy the components and assemble my own computer.

Let me know what you think. I am not asking for that much, just your opinion. I haven't even mentioned that Mrs. On is registered here, or that in the interest of fairness I am registered here.