Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday Vespers

Hello and welcome to another riveting installment of Friday Vespers here at the Institute. This is the time of the week when we go here and order a beer or chicken or perhaps a pillow fight and put the worries of the week behind us.



Today we are celebrating what turns out to be the last day of what was not meant to be the rest of my life. Huh you ask? Today The Onlette™ and I went to my office and I cleaned out my personal things while The Onlette™ entertained the office staff. We turned the page, so to speak, if you will.









It is daddy daughter day, so I am a little slow in getting Vespers posted, your patience is appreciated. The Onlette and I have noticed a marked spike in traffic to our humble little blog, and as much as we would like to think it is because internet users are getting wise to our brilliant in depth reporting on the important issues of the day, the facts show otherwise.




It appears everyone is looking for this picture that we posted back in April. That is right, the Institute has become a destination for art lovers.





So as not to disappoint, let us cover the news of the art world.






First there is more nude art. A picture is worth thousand words but if you want words you can find them here.








From the New York Times.....

Views of Human History, as Elegant as Ballets

Weasel fries, I fear, were just the beginning. Americans hated the French for saying no to the war in Iraq. Now some Europeans hate them for saying no to a constitution for Europe. Francophobia seems epidemic.

Good heavens, they never had me and then they lost me. Doesn't phobia imply fear? Who fears the French? I have provided a link, if you can read the whole thing you are a better something or other than I.

In other art news from the Times....

Everywhere's the Same: Nowhere in Particular

COLUMBUS, Ohio - There was a time when no matter where people were, they were always somewhere. Now we can find ourselves in places where we feel we are not anywhere in particular: airports, shopping malls, hotels, office building lobbies and other anonymous environments devoid of local identity.....

Wake me when you are through.

Finally in the Friday Gallery over at Say Anything you will find Jennifer Ellison. I don't have any idea who she is but she looks like the kind you take home to Mother.