Sunday, October 09, 2005

Important Blog Business

I have not been able to blog much lately, but that does not stop the important blog business from piling up on my blog desk.

First, I know people have been wanting to know what I think of the Miers nomination for the Supreme Court. I won't make you wait, I support her, and the president, somewhere in the neighborhood of 100%. Why? Call it pre-presidential courtesy. You see, when I become president, I don't want a bunch of past and future presidents carping about my nominations. Like everyone else, they are going to take my nominations, and they are damn well going to like them.

If there is a good argument for Bush to withdraw this nomination it is this. The possibility of Arlen Specter and Patrick Leahy questioning her on her knowledge of the intricacies of constitutional law might prove to be too nauseating, even for Senate hearings.

************************************************************************************

COMING SOON

Blogroll updates.

And look forward to live blogging Sunday morning fishing shows. Next Sunday.