Monday, August 01, 2005

Feeling That Crazy MLB Love

Sports Frog is ragging on Psycho Boy again. Maybe this story explains why he escaped the axe once again:

Talks over the phone between Orioles VP of baseball operations Jim Beattie and Marlins GM Larry Beinfest about acquiring Florida pitcher A.J. Burnett took a dramatic turn late last night when the pair found themselves engaged in phone sex.

Rumors were that the two-way conversation was supposed to blossom into a three-way trade, but as things heated up, apparently the two gentlemen became...err, distracted:
“I was getting tired and told him I wanted to get out of my work clothes and put on something more comfortable,” said Beattie. “He asked me what I was wearing. I told him Dockers and a polo shirt and it turned out he was wearing the same thing. And before I knew it, my pants were down around my ankles and I was muttering: ‘Oh, yeah. You want me to pick up 100 percent of Mike Lowell’s contract, don’t you? Come on, you know you want it. Tell me you need another prospect to make this deal happen. That’s right, make me work for it.’”

Beattie said he doesn’t think the incident says anything about the sexual preference of either executive.

Umm...whatever. You just go on believin' that. Meanwhile, Red Sux fans can breathe a big sigh of relief...or not:

All is good once again in Boston this morning as Ramirez stayed put, hit a 400 bouncer single to win the game, unleashed "Manny being Manny" in an interview with a grin, and received adulation from the Red Sox fans in his pinch hit appearance. His team-killing craziness of the earlier part of the week is apparently forgotten. For now.

So...is Manny just being Manny, or is there another side to the story?

Or is there something more sinister going on???

I need to run to the store. I'm fresh out of melodrama.